Welcome to Six-Second-Resumes™ …
Twenty eight years ago, I was like so many people across this country who had lost their jobs. I had a wife, three young children, and no idea where to start (or, start over). Having sold my business rather unexpectedly, I realized I needed a new job, NOW.
So began my first real job search.
At the end of three months, I had five job offers, three of which I was considering at the same time! Because I had not let up until I found the job of my dreams, I had my pick. 28 years later, I’m still very excited about the opportunities that job has given me and my family.
I still use the discipline and focus I developed during that job search. Combined with my training as a 5 Steps to Rapid Employment Master Coach, I am able to teach others the strategies I used to successfully land a position while being unemployed.
28 years ago I used 3 X 5 cards, the public library, snail mail, and the Sunday newspaper. The job I finally accepted, I learned about through networking. While the technology has certainly changed, many of the strategies I developed are working better than ever.
In my career, I have read over 5,000 resumes and conducted thousands of interviews. This “other side of the desk” experience has given me first-hand experience of what “sells” during an interview and what says “no way.”
Drop your email address in the form below …
What steps should you take to land your dream job?
Why spend your time searching the internet for ideas and answers to your job search questions?
Based on my 35+ years experience, we have assembled everything you need to land your dream job …
- Learn to Ride the Emotional Roller Coaster. Turn fear and adversity into positive results. This will give you the confidence you need during the tough days, and the ability to keep going with your plan, even as things are going your way.
- Define Your Goals. Find a Job/Career that will enrich your life. Work to live, not just live to work.
- Use Value-Based Resumes and Self-Marketing Tools. Stand out and get noticed.
- Create a Plan. Create an Action Plan that includes time for you and your job campaign
- Take Action and Master a Few Self-Marketing Tools. New actions create new habits that create a new life. And the secret to all change – taking massive action.
Many of my clients come to me with the same problem when it comes to landing the jobs they want … they don’t know where to start.
Some were even a little intimidated by the entire job hunting process. We’ve broke it all down into manageable pieces. Taking it step-by-step, those clients built their confidence and could clearly see the next steps, until they were sitting in their new hire orientation.
Six-Second-Resumes™ can help you set goals for landing your new job.
The clearer you are about the type of position you want, the easier it is to get an employer to see it. You can learn how to move from “I’ll take any job” to focusing only on a specific industry, geographic area, company, and position. This makes you more attractive as a candidate, because they can already see you in the position.
Take the first step toward landing your new job!
Ready to start down the path of finding the job you’ve always wanted? Sign up below …