We Help You Stand Out And Get Noticed
Welcome to Six-Second-Resumes™ – your one source that answers the burning question, “How do I land a job?”
Twenty four years ago, I was like many people who had lost their jobs. I had a wife, three young children, and no idea where to start to get a new job. Having sold my business rather unexpectedly, I realized I needed a new job NOW.
So began my first real Job Search. At the end of three months, I had five job offers, three of which I considered at the same time. Because I did not let up until I found the job of my dreams, I had my pick. 24 years later, I am still very excited about the opportunities that job has given me and my family.
The discipline and focus I developed during that job search I still use today. Combined with my training as a 5 Steps to Rapid Employment Master Coach, I am able to teach others the strategies I used to successfully land a position while being unemployed.
24 years ago I used 3 X 5 cards, the public library, snail mail, and the Sunday newspaper. The job I finally accepted, I learned about through networking. While the technology has certainly changed, many of the strategies I developed are working better than ever.
In my career, I have read over 5,000 resumes and conducted thousands of interviews. This “other side of the desk” experience has given me first-hand experience of what “sells” during an interview and what says “no way.”
We take the uncertainty out of finding a new job
Our subscribers have access to every tool they will need to land their dream job. And by joining our Mailing List, you will never miss a new blog post with actionable ideas for every part of the process. Plus, You will receive a free copy of my 101 Job Winning Tips when you join.
Why spend your time searching the internet for ideas and answers to your questions? Based on my 35+ years experience, we have assembled everything you need to land your dream job. These are covered in depth by answering the following question.
What steps should you take to land your dream job?
- Learn to Ride the Emotional Roller Coaster. Turn fear and adversity into positive results. This will give you the confidence you need during the tough days, and the ability to keep going with your plan, even as things are going your way.
- Define Your Goals. Find a Job/Career that will enrich your life. Work to live, not just live to work.
- Use Value-Based Resumes and Self-Marketing Tools. Stand out and get noticed.
- Create a Plan. Create an Action Plan that includes time for you and your job campaign
- Take Action and Master a Few Self-Marketing Tools. New actions create new habits that create a new life. And the secret to all change – taking massive action.
- Many of my clients come to me with the same problem. They do not know where to start to land a new job. Some were even a little intimidated by the entire job process. Together, we broke it down into manageable pieces. Taking it step-by-step, they built their confidence and could see the next step and the next step, until they were sitting in their new hire orientation.
- Six-Second-Resumes™ can help you set goals for landing your new job. The clearer you are about the type of position you want, the easier it is to get an employer to see it.You can learn how to move from “I’ll take any job” to focusing only a specific industry, geographic area, company, and position. This makes you more attractive as a candidate, because they can already see you in the position.
- With a wealth of material in my Free library and my Blog posts on all aspects of the job process you have the basis for constructing a solid action plan that will lead to rapid employment. And you will have a way to get your personal questions answered by Joel Quass, CPRW, CEIP, One of America’s Leading 5 Steps to Rapid Employment Master Coaches. Plus we are adding additional resources, Podcasts, and Webinars to keep you focused. And isn’t that the reason you visited my site? To land your dream job?
Take the first step to your new job!
Not sure what your next step is? Schedule a Free 15-minute session and ask me your questions. From managing your emotions, to defining your goals, sometimes it helps to get feedback from a professional. We can talk about your Action plan and the steps needed to create new habits that lead to rapid employment. Or what to include in your resume and cover letter. It’s your 15 minutes, I won’t hold anything back.
Take advantage of this remarkable opportunity, simply fill out the form with your name and the time for your call.
Joel Quass is a professional speaker and a featured guest on radio stations across the country. His latest book, Write This Down, You’ll Need It Later targets college and high school students new to the job market. Joel ‘s first book, Good Management Is Not Firefighting deals with management topics including leadership, hiring practices, stress, and customer service. He is a Certified Professional Resume Writer, Certified Employment Interview Professional, and a Leading 5 Steps to Rapid Employment Master Coach who has interviewed thousands of people in his 35 years in management.